Candy and Terry's Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Candy today...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Candy today... Empty Candy today...

Post by Liberty Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:20 am

OK so this morning while I was studying for my finals ( yay the finals Candy today... 425808 ) I decided to take a break and see what's on TV. So I turned on a channel that is quite famous among the young ages as it shows cartoons and animes during holidays and days with no school.
I watched for a while seeing that the only cartoons worth watching were Smurfs and WB Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Taz, Coyote and of course Tom and Jerry.
The rest were too violent and too stupid if you ask my opinion.
So I came to think. If a channel would show Candy would this story had the same appealing on young girls like it used to, or it isn't enough anymore?

My personal opinion, generally, is that nowadays children tend to watch whatever is on TV. Either if it's good or not. They seem to not care. Give them a PS2/PS3/XBOX/PSP/PC and they are ready to get lost in the game for the rest of their day. So I think that Candy would make a difference. It would be something new to them. A story with a much different theme and plot than the rest.

More importantly mothers who have come to know Candy since their childhood will encourage their children to watch this anime. So yeah, why not? I think that Candy would have a success even today.... Candy today... 859802

What do you think?
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Sagittarius Posts : 51

https://candyterryheaven.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Candy today... Empty Re: Candy today...

Post by Elina1 Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi Liberty,

I agree with you! The cartoons and anime today are not as good and children watch anything!! Candy was so beautiful and the story was so great that I believe that everyone would watch ot today not only children but adults too.

Elina1

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 am

Yeah, especially adults. I remember a conversation that I had with my sister (she is 26 years old) and she said that if they would show it on tv again, she would definitely watch it agais as it was her favorite anime back then. She grew up with Candy and this is why she loves the story so much. If she had children, she would definitely recommend this series for them to watch it and she would watch it with them too.... Candy today... 859802
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Candylyna Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:54 am

As an adult how do you see Candy? If you watch it for the first time or not, do you put yourself as her or her friend or do you see yourself as her mother or protector? Very Happy

Candylyna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:54 pm

If I had seen Candy now as an adult, when she's younger, having had children, I would feel motherly with her. In fact one of my French boardie wrote a fanfic for my birthday where I was Candy's surrogate mom! Very Happy

When I watched her younger, I imagine myself in her place, defending myself against the evel Reagan...

I'm sure if I had seen Candy as an adult for the first time, I would've loved it as much. My daughter didn't really got into it... she was never home when I watched it again, but she's seen a few and enough to know the story. She was typing my fanfictions when I wrote them by hand when I took my beauty school course... (I was writing between two customers Very Happy ) I was in Europe last month and I caught up with a high school friend and I told what I did for free time, she remember Candy and Terry and she was stunned to hear that I write stories about them Smile .

As an adult watching Candy, maybe we analyse the episode more and see details we didn't see when we were younger, but we're still enjoying very much.

I will never get tired of talking about Candy.. Very Happy
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Aries Posts : 57

http://candyterrygeorgie.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Although I haven't met hardships like Candy's in my life (Lucky, right?) I feel that many characteristics of her personality resemble mine. For example I used to be a tomboy myself and even today I tend to keep some of tomboyish behaviour. I hated that others would see me cry and I hate it even today. If something happens I prefer to lock myself somewhere all alne and cry there.
Other than that I love animals and my friends is some of the most important persons in my life. So even now I can't help but thinking what I would do if I were in her shoes...

One thing for sure, I wouldn't have let Terry in the hands of the melonhead.
Candy today... 833864
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Liberty wrote:Although I haven't met hardships like Candy's in my life (Lucky, right?) I feel that many characteristics of her personality resemble mine. For example I used to be a tomboy myself and even today I tend to keep some of tomboyish behaviour. I hated that others would see me cry and I hate it even today. If something happens I prefer to lock myself somewhere all alne and cry there.
Other than that I love animals and my friends is some of the most important persons in my life. So even now I can't help but thinking what I would do if I were in her shoes...

One thing for sure, I wouldn't have let Terry in the hands of the melonhead.
Candy today... 833864

Yeah one thing is for sure... we might ressemble Candy, but we would never leave the love of our lives to that melonhead! Very Happy

She was too good for her own good!!!!
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Elina1 Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I would see myself in hew place and i would have imagined how i would deal with the reagans. I would definitely be devastated by Antony's death. Although we cannot say for sure how we would react in the situations she has to confront one thing is for sure I would never leave Terry not because of mine hapiness but because duty cannot bring happiness to anyone not even the pathetic Susanna!!!!

Elina1

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Exactly my point...How could Candy believe that Terry would be happy if he was with that coackroach only because of duty...Love is not something you learn, is something you feel. It was way too irrational to let him with Susie.Candy may have been a hard character who can stand up for her friends but when the time came to fight for her love and for Terry too she just surrenedered without giving a fight. And that is one characteristic of hers that I totally hate. I blame Candy for what happened that night at the hospital. Terrry was ready to explain things to Susanna and leave her for Candy, all he had to hear was on word from Candy...But she didn't it. She just gave him away to that weirdo.
I mean she ruined two people with her decision. Herself and Terry....
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elina1 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:12 pm

I totally agree with you!!! Not to mention that she destroyed herself too in the process! Although in order to be fair Terry should give a fight afterwards. How can he stay engaged to a waoman out of duty? How can he do exactly what he accused his father all those years?

After a little time passed he should break up with dear Suzanna and go find Candy and make her understand that he loves her and they should be together don't you think?

How pathetic must their lives seemed after that night and how tired must they have been!!

Elina1

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 pm

However imagine that Terry hearing Candy giving up so easily would seem logic for him that she didn't feel the exact same way towards him as he felt for her. I mean if she did love him so much why did she give him away? That's what he thought. And because he knew how stubborn she was she would send him back to Susanna in a package. I think that Candy's position towards that matter was the most wrong one. Terry had to try too but Candy was like cutting his wings with her sayings.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 am

I remember writing about that in one of my stories, where the chipie would tell Terry. " Did she really loved you?"

Yes Candy's position in the all matter is so weird, she didn't want him to be forced to choose, so she chose for him. Remember when she found out about the accident, in the manga, she said something like, "Poor Terry who has been struggling with all this on his own..." , she wanted to help Terry by leaving him...In some of my fics I wrote that Candy was so grateful to the chipie for saving Terry's life, that she gave her what she wanted the most: Terry!

We had the reflection in pas discussiong that Candy was selfish! Some of us even got in trouble for telling that person that they hated Candy!

Some say that Candy chose the coward way out...

No matter how we slice it... I think Terry understood what Candy did...

Which also leads me to think that he had already made his choice... he let her go!!!!
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:59 am

I can't say that Candy was selfish. I really can't tell that. But I can't blame Terry for letting her go. She was so cold towards him when she said that he had to be with the chipie. Although he cried holding her at the stairs and he cried too while watching her go away in the snow rememberiing all their sweet moments when they were carefree in the St. Paul's Academy, Candy didn't try for him. He was the man, all right, but when you hear from the lips of your loved one that he had to be with another woman he was right to have doubts. Who woman in love would give up so easil? If she had told him that she would be there for him and that they would face chipie together and they would help her things would turn out deifferently. In that bad situation where Terry was cut right in the middle, duty/love, she had to help him find his happiness and not ruin both of theirs and giving happiness only to that thing!
We sure don't know the end of the story as Candy has never finished....This is sad, however, because in the end with the newspaper I really hope that Terry had only returned back to thater and not to chipie.... I hope that he did that only to become famous and successful so he would come back for her. It is sad that we will probably never know what the writer had in her mind. Not a proper ending, not anything. This is not even an open ending. There is not ending at all.
Other than that I believe that the problem came from way back and its name is not chipe(although she is a plague), its name is ELIZA. That lizard destryed everything from the very beginning. If it wouldn't have been her Terry and Candy would both graduate in time together and they would spent their lives together. But Mizuki had other things in mind. It's sad but it seems that the person who most hated Cnady was her own creator. I can't believe that a person who knew love like Candy, a person who many boys desired for, would become a nun. Because in the last episode her looking so happy in the orphanage of Pony Hill is like she wants to follow the steps of sister maria.
Anyway I think that she did wrong moves concerning her future with Terry and I surely can't blame him for that. He hadn't made his mind till he heard her say "stay with her Terry."
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 am

Liberty wrote:I can't say that Candy was selfish. I really can't tell that. But I can't blame Terry for letting her go. She was so cold towards him when she said that he had to be with the chipie. Although he cried holding her at the stairs and he cried too while watching her go away in the snow rememberiing all their sweet moments when they were carefree in the St. Paul's Academy, Candy didn't try for him. He was the man, all right, but when you hear from the lips of your loved one that he had to be with another woman he was right to have doubts. Who woman in love would give up so easil? If she had told him that she would be there for him and that they would face chipie together and they would help her things would turn out deifferently. In that bad situation where Terry was cut right in the middle, duty/love, she had to help him find his happiness and not ruin both of theirs and giving happiness only to that thing!

Sorry baby...if we're blaming Candy, we're also blaming Terry!!! Where was the boy who did everything so his beloved wouldn't be expelled! A lot of good it did,since she left the damn school anyway! That Terry wouldn't have let go the love of his life so easily!!! This Terry was a wimp and a wuss! That was so out of character for him... duty...? Over love? His duty to me was to be with the woman he loved...that was Candy, not the one leg broad... Candy leaving, him letting her go... they both didn't care about their happiness!!! They both deserved to be hit on the head with a fryingpan!!! (You should get that smily baby! Very Happy )

We sure don't know the end of the story as Candy has never finished....This is sad, however, because in the end with the newspaper I really hope that Terry had only returned back to thater and not to chipie.... I hope that he did that only to become famous and successful so he would come back for her. It is sad that we will probably never know what the writer had in her mind. Not a proper ending, not anything. This is not even an open ending. There is not ending at all.
Other than that I believe that the problem came from way back and its name is not chipe(although she is a plague), its name is ELIZA. That lizard destryed everything from the very beginning. If it wouldn't have been her Terry and Candy would both graduate in time together and they would spent their lives together. But Mizuki had other things in mind. It's sad but it seems that the person who most hated Cnady was her own creator. I can't believe that a person who knew love like Candy, a person who many boys desired for, would become a nun. Because in the last episode her looking so happy in the orphanage of Pony Hill is like she wants to follow the steps of sister maria.
Anyway I think that she did wrong moves concerning her future with Terry and I surely can't blame him for that. He hadn't made his mind till he heard her say "stay with her Terry."

Like you say, when you write a story, you want your character to be happy in the end... this author didn't mind! She didn't care... A nun??? Nice, I say she sent her to the Pony home to become an old maid like Miss Pony Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Them hitting on the head by the fryingpan is certainly the rightest thing to do. I agree that Terryws shown as a weakling in that matter but I can't deny that he was sooooo tired by all these...Mentally, Imean and that thing may prevented him that day from acting reasonably. It's not like I try to justify his actions but I think that in the specific matter Terry had some reasons whereas Candy didn't. If she had stayed with him that night and not going away things would have been clearer the next morning. He may have found the strength since he had her by his side. She decided to leave the same day when a girl (ughhh) decided to commit suicide in order to keep him. How stressful is that? I mean I couldn't think reasonably too.
But if she stayed there with him and waited for the next day and the next day he acted like a wuss too(sorry king) then, yeah I would blame him for that the same as I do Candy.
From every aspect that you're trying to see it, however, the creator did all the bad things. She decided that Candy would never be able to be happy and Terry too....
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:42 pm

There was a lot of emotions involved that night too many if you ask me! They should've splept on it ... Candy should've waited until morning at least and discuss with Terry. Cause they really didn't discuss of anything, either before the play and much less after the play! That was so frustrating!!! Sad
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 am

Exactly...What reasonable person decides to leave the exact same night when all these things have happened and leave their loved ones behind to face all the problems... Candy today... 582834
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 am

It didn't make any sense! She was so happy when she was going to New York, she had so much hope... How could she not discuss with him at least!!!??? Shocked
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Elina1 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm

I believe that the author decided that nobody in the story will be really happy!! Stear and Antony dead? Archie is not happy with Annie, Candy and Terry completely miserable. And Albert? Is Albert really happy? Either had plans to make them happy later and never finished the story or she planned to make them all miserable!!

Concerning the end it gave me the impression that Candy will be with Albert at the end, although I don't think it is conclusive at all.

I think Gentillefille is right. If we are going to blame someone we have to blame both!! Candy should not decide so fast based on guilt and gratitude. Although I believe she made the choice to help Terry it was a very bad one! As far as Terry is concerned I think that Terry is strong and yet so vulnerable and fragile at the same time. This attribute of his character makes him take wrong decisions, destructive for him and drives him to alcohol. But yet if he hadn't already decided to choose duty over love then why didn't he kissed Candy when she was in his apartment? Why didn't he stopped her? He at the end was the son of a duke raised to choose duty, even if he hated his father for it! I blame Candy the most for not talking him to Rockstown when she saw him drunk in that awful theater. And I blame Terry the most for not talking to her at doctor's Martin clinic.

What about Eleonor and Albert? Shouldn't they help them? Shouldn't Albert tell her that it is the wrong decision and shouldn't he tell Terry how miserable Candy was? He didn't because in my opinion he loved her and he wanted to keep her for himself. As for Eleonor, even if Terry didn't want for her help she should try and solve the issue as a mother instead of watching from afar. Susanna had her mother, Candy and Terry had none!

Elina1

Back to top Go down

Post by Elina1 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm

By the way you all know how the Italian anime finished. Do you know how the Greek manga finished? At some point Susanna dies from illness and she thanks both Candy and Terry for their goodness. Terry and Candy pass through various weird situations but at the end they stay together.

Elina1

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Elina I didn't know that in Greece we had that GREAT ENDING!!!!! Oh I so love my country Candy today... 740157
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm

You guys are funny! That manga was Italian! Very Happy
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:20 am

Ok So I soooo love my Italian neighbours and every person who makes Susanna die and Candy and Terry end up together. Candy today... 298442
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

By the way ladies... have you looked at Nila's site inside out? Because she has the Italian manga ending, translated by kiara...

Here is the last page of the Italian manga...

Candy today... Ctitalianend4a

I guess you can go on Nila's site to see the images bigger Smile

Last edited by Gentillefille on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentillefille Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

Not quite the ending we wanted... I wanted a kiss and lots of babies! Very Happy
Gentillefille
Gentillefille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next